The Local Side is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
1. We respect your privacy
Thank you for visiting our website and/or App https://local-side.com (“Website”). This website is owned and operated by The Local Side ABN 59 947 047 036 (“The Local Side”).
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, App and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, address, email address, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
2. What personal information is collected
The Local Side will from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our Website provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information or goods, provide updates and process your product or service order.
We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. How we use your personal information
- The Local Side may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available.
- The Local Side will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to including to:
- provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administer our business activities;
- manage, research and develop our products and services;
- provide you with information about our products and services;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail;
- investigate any complaints;
- provide you with newsletters and promotional emails.
You may “opt-out” of communications.
- If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our Website.
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
- If your account is deactivated by the user or gets blocked due to irregular activities, the user data will be retained by The Local Side for audit and legal purposes.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
6. Security of your personal information
The Local Side is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with these requirements and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
When you visit our Website
- When you come to our Website, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
- Our Website may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that The Local Side is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage you to be aware, when you leave our Website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
8. Access to your personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
9. Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.